Friday, July 22, 2011

Thrift Store Frames, before and after

A very simple project today. I was feeling to urge to spray paint something... I've been spray painting lots lately! So, I swung through the local thrift store to find some frames... I wanted to frame quotes and advice for the upcoming bridal shower, as well as photos of the bride and groom for around my mom's house. This was a great start, and the total cost was until $5!




Frames @ $0.99 each from Value Village




I did about three layers of Matte White Paint (Ace Brand Quick Dry Spray Paint). I just took the backing and glass out, set them on newspaper on the front yard and then let them dry (less than a half hour!) In the smaller one, I printed some wedding/love quote (this one says 'once in a while, right in the middle of life, love gives us a fairytale'.) and added a photo I had matted that would fit in the bigger frame (11X14 matted an 8X10 photo).



LOVE how they turned out, and SOOOO easy!

1 comment:

Echo M said...

Super cute! Hubby and I have been wanting to do some artwork in our living room, and this would be perfect.. right now I have vinyl on the walls that reads friends are the flowers that bloom in lifes garden, and another that says life makes everything grow... bought them at $tree.