Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Design Team Submissions for Lila's Scrapbooking & More

For Lila's Scrapbooking, she is having a design team call (locally of course) and I made my hubbs pick up the 'design team' packet from Lila's last night. The goal of this packet, was to put everyone on even playing fields, as far as what to use on the projects. Ideally, I think the goal was to only use things from this packet, with the exception of adhesive and cutting tools.

She asked we create 1) two page layout. This was tough for me. I am a one page kinda-gal and not having two of the same sheets of patterned paper was even harder! I think it turned out cute, as Adam said last night (thanks for the motivation, ha) it's 'not my best work'. But it looks cute, and does showcase my style. So, it'll do.

In the newsletter she sent out, it asked for 2 cards. A friend of mine, Elisa who I spoke with mentioned 4 cards. Instead of calling and making a stink over two cards, I had MORE than enough stuff to use so I made 4. All the phrases were from rub-on's included in the designer kit.


Of course, the kit contained ribbons, buttons, brads & flowers as well. On the upper card, that reads 'I (heart) you' I embossed and sanded down the red paper, which is also the back side of the striped paper from the first (shoe) card.

I really wanted to use this odd ribbon/mesh/stuff on something, and being that I only had about 13 inches or so of it in the kit, I figured a card would work. I had NO CLUE how I would use it, but this card turned out alright.


I really like how the last card turned out also, I have never been a fan of rub-on's because I always mess them up while transfering them onto the paper. Apparently, I've just been using low quality ones, because these ones were great, and I would totally use them again.
I hope you like!
The dragon is in the cave sleeping at the moment (Zoe is napping, in layman terms) so I'm headed to the kitchen to make some Flufftastic Fudge! Yum! I'm sure I'll have photos and a recipe to share later.
Enjoy!
Dawn




No comments: