Thursday, July 1, 2010

:: Single Stamp :: 5 Projects :: Project #4 :: Bookmark

For project #4 of this weeks goodie show-- I've made a bookmark. I was actually sitting in my scraproom, cleaning up things and stumbled across the metalic papers that I used in this project, in a sampler pack that I got for free from a company I ordered envelopes and bulk cardstock from. It worked out nicely that everything from this project was essentially a scrap, or doomed for the recycle.

I stamped the flower twice on Curious Metallics Gold Paper (80# I believe) with Staz On Ink in Jet Black and cut it out. I adhered the bottom flower with my ATG Gun, to smooth it against the cotton ribbon, and then pop dotted the upper flower to give it more dimension. The brown layer is Stardream Metallics in Bronze. I embossed it using my Branches A2 Cuttlebug folder.

Even the white 'cardstock' is actually a piece of very sturdy posterboard, left over from making wedding signs. I put this piece on the back, to hide the ribbon backing and the back side of the embossed paper for a more finished look.

I hope you've enjoyed day 4 of my 5 projects, I can't wait to show off what I have done for tomorrow!! :-)

No comments: