Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pink for Monique!

from My Pink Stamper.com :

As some of you may already know, a friend in the scrapbooking/Cricut community, Monique Griffith was just diagnosed a few weeks ago with Stage 3 Breast Cancer. I cannot even imagine what she is going through. Some of you have been through it or have loved ones going through it right now.

I want to propose a "Cards for Monique" campaign. She could really use our love and support right now by sending her a card. If you have a few minutes to make her a card and send her a card that would be FANTASTIC!! I want to flood her mailbox with PINK!! Let's call it Pink for Monique!


I also part of the Cricut Fairies Group where we make and send cards to people, family and friends who need cheering up. I haven't been a fairy for too long, but long enough that I have been lucky enough to send a card, letter and books to a family who had lost their infant son (who was around Knox's age) all the way across the country, and things like that. Of course, the loss of a child grapped my heart like a steel trap, so that will probably be the hardest fairy job for me to forget.


I've been wanting to make a card for monique- and Crystal from Crystal's Crafty Creations also challenged us to make a card for Monique! So, I made this beauty:

I plan to mail it with something chocolate (I'm not sure what will mail all that well)

:-) I think it will be a fun treat to get in the mail!

Enjoy!

Dawn

1 comment:

Tammy Schmitt said...

I love this card! I sent mine last week and forgot to post on my blog. Oh well...might need to send her another cardÜ