Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Creative Time, Throwback Thursday Entry!

Today, over at My Creative Time, Emma has done a challenge as a 'throwback' so that we can whip out our older cartridges, wipe off the dust and use them (even though we're all currently obsessed with Create a Critter and Once Upon A Princess).
The challenge was making something animal themed. I played off of Emma's example, and did an animal shaped card. I know she used her Gypsy to weld the two pieces together to form the card, but that ain't happenin' in this house, since I don't have one (or even Design Studio yet!).
So, I made my Hippo a little girl, with a flower and a brad and made the card sort of twist open, using the brad as the connection piece.


The recipe is:

Cricut Machine (I used my Expressions, but my Create would have been fine!)
Zooballoo Cartridge, each Hippo cut at 6"
Lavendar Cardstock
Purple Cardstock
Gray Cardstock
Black & White Gelly Roll Pens
1 Small Yellow Brad
Blue Stickles for the flower, and clear/white stickles for the hoof and tail (Do hippos even have hooves?)
I am hoping to get one more quick project done before naptime ends, and it's a card from a sketch over at OCC Weekly Sketch.
Enjoy this for now, and I'm hoping to have more posted later tonight!
Dawn

7 comments:

My Creative Time said...

Your card came out AWESOME!! Thank you sooo much for joining my for my 1st Throwback Thursday challenge!
hugs,
Emma;)

Lucy said...

Very cute hippo!
Job well done!
Lucy Lam

Tammy said...

Too cute!!

Tammy M

Celeste B. said...

Super cute card, I absolutely love it!!!! TFS!!!

Celeste B.

Nanascreativecorner said...

Very cute hippo...
This is fun to visit and see others work, visit me at
http://cheryl-gibson.blogspot.com

Lori said...

THIS IS A-DOR-A-BLE! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Glad I hopped over from Emma's blog! ;O)

Lori
thepaisleyturtle.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

What a cuuuute hippo! Great job!