Thursday, June 3, 2010

OCC Sketch Challenge -OCCSC18

Yay! Naptime was long enough for me to almost get this card done! She woke up, wandered around and by the time I had the last piece pop dotted on, she was fully awake-- but I made it in time! lol.


Over at the OCC Weekly Sketch Blog, they have weekly challenges, and today was the new challenge.


This week's challenge was OCCSC18. This is what the sketch looked like.


My entry turned out pretty cute! I must say I am rather impressed with myself this go round. I sometimes lose track of the original sketch and end up with a hack job at the end when I try to re-manipulate it to make it work. lol.


That's my little helper, Zoe in the back, pointing up to a birds nest where the little baby birds were squaking. She is a great helper! Especially when I get to catch her in some of the photos.
A closer shot of the card:



Recipe:

Lavendar Cardstock, cut to 8.5X5.5 (folded in half, and outer corners rounded)

Floral Patterned paper 4X4.5 (and scalloped on the bottom)

Blue Patterned Scrap 4X3 (layered under floral print paper)

6" ribbon/lace scrap (teal)

one greenish/yellow two holed button

a small piece of see through ribbon, threaded through the button and made the end into a bow.

Happy Birthday, printed on the computer and cut to size

matted on black cardstock

I used my Mini Monograms Cartridge to cut the scalloped circle at 3.5", and the circle at 3" also.

A cupcake stamped onto white paper, cut out and colored in, then pop dotted on.

Brown pigment ink around the edges also

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card!! Love the color combo. Your daughter is adorable!!

Tammy M

Teresa Kline said...

this is so cute, great photos too....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Laurel said...

This is adorable, love the cupcake.