Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Papercraft Star- Warmup Challenge!

Over at the new Papercraft Star Challenge Blog- it isn't officially kicked off yet, but there is a warm up challenge going on. The sketch looks like this:






I saw this morning, and decided that as soon as I got some of my Etsy listings up, I was going to do this one! I've been super into vintaging things, and using lots of twine, and embroidery thread instead of ribbon (who know's right? It's a phase!) and came up with this little gem. I really like how it turned out!



A real vintage flower... I sewed it to the Jute Twine I used.



I used my paper trimmer for the card base, and the base layer. I used Storybook for the blue layer, and the scalloped square as well. All of the colored paper is K&Co from their mega stack.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.... I REALLY love your interpretation of my sketch! Great job.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card!

Catherine Schroeder said...

Great card! Storybook is probably one of my favorite cartridges! It's so versatile!

~* steph :) *~ said...

i love your card, dawn! love those colors! beautiful! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

~jan said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colors and the twine and flower are just perfect! Congrats on the win!

Caroline said...

Congrats on winning the challenge!!! Looking forward to working with you on the Design Team!!!