Tuesday, May 11, 2010

As promised.... Once Upon A Princess Project!

Alright, so I've been promising a cool project from my new cartridge.... Once Upon A Princess... Of course, I couldn't help myself and had to make a bunch of these adorable little girls!
I was trying to find a way to incorporate a bunch of them into Zoe's room decor, and I thought 'why not put them on a rope?! I used ribbon here.
I cut white and pink grograin ribbon into 18" pieces, and then tied them to one another.
I then taped (I know, old fashioned, right?!) the back of each princess to the ribbon at a tie.
To end up with a long ribbon with all the princesses on it. Of course, it's 11pm here, so Zoe's long past in bed, and I am not risking waking her little butt up to decorate her room!
I tried to do a decent close up of each princess.



Of course, since I laid them on the floor of my living room, they ended up with dog hair, and dirt all over them.

On some, I used my watercolor pencils to try and add come dimension or color. I'm not sure I'm happy with how they turned out.

This little rocker turned out as my FAVORITE!
Since I spent a good chunk of time making all of these, I'll get them all hung up on the ribbon in Zoe's room tomorrow and try to get a good photo up.

Enjoy!

Dawn

2 comments:

My Creative Time said...

WOW, these came out SOOOOO SUPER CUTE!! You did an AWESOME JOB!!!
big hugs,
Emma:)

Kristina said...

Really cute Dawn!!

~KristinaH