Monday, May 24, 2010

Goodness Gracious, Batman!

I have so not been around this weekend! I was sooooo stinkin' busy all weekend, and this month and next are going to be insane around these parts. My bridal shower was the weekend before last, then I threw one for my soon to be sister-in-law at her house about an hour and a half from mine last weekend. Sunday, we were trying to make it to the Seattle Mariner's baseball game, but it wasn't flying with the schedule so my little brother got the tickets instead. 5 (yes, FIVE) rows off of first base. Am I jealous, yes- but am I a happy camper to not hear complaint about how boring baseball is? yes.

This weekend for my sister in law's shower, I've been working on a little something something for them, that I'm not ready to show yet, because I know she reads this on occasion. But- I did make her a set of her own thank you cards, all ready to go for her shower gifts, so she could be prompt and easily get them out!





I used the Sweet Treats Cartridge for the cupcake, Old West for the brown layer, and my Peachy Keen Stamps and Purple Cow Freestyle Papercutter along ith some basic cardstocks.

I knew for the shower, since they are having a wedding in Maui (Gettin' Maui'd, how cute??! right?) and a reception here with an 80's theme I wanted to make favors with candy, mostly candy thats been around. So they ended up looking like this:


I used my wedding solutions cartridge for the pillow boxes, which are cut at 10.25". I then used the little end pieces of the patterned papers for wraps, and then tied some ribbon on them to help keep them closed.

The adorable little white favor boxes Jessica provided, and filled with bubbles and chocolate! Yum!

We had a good ole' time! I will be totally catching up on my crafting in the next day or two, since I'll be home and will post some more updates. I did a layout last night using all My Mind's Eye Products, and have a review for that along with some photos. I can say- I am in love.

Enjoy!

Dawn

No comments: