Monday, May 3, 2010

My Pink Stamper, NSD Challenge #3


This challenge was posted by My Pink Stamper on National Scrapbook day, as the 3rd challenge of the day. The challenge was called 'Thinking Out of the Box', of course we all get into the habits of making things that are pretty similar to each other, and I especially get in a funk and start to make things that all end up looking alike. This one makes you stretch to try something new. Rowena, the pink stamper design team member who came up with this challenge, used plastic in her layout, I waffled on what I should do, since I do dibble dabble in everything (stitching, embossing, cards, layouts, etc) but have never used plastic in a layout. Convieniently, Adam had some old RC body material laying around. He said it was called Lexon, I think. I can tell you, it is NOT easy to emboss into. I couldn't get it to roll through my sidekick, so I had to pull out the big gun (my Sizzix Original!) and then used a cutting die to only emboss the image. I doubt I could have cut through it, not matter how hard I tried. I probably would have broken some of my machines, and honesty- so not worth it!

Anywhoo, after doing this one, I am glad I gave it a chance, but can say that my rating of this is meerly 'meeehhhh' which means mediocre, and I probably won't be doing it again.

No comments: