Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Hippo Card

This is a card I made last weekend using the same hippo cut from zooballoo as I did on the hip hippo hooray card.

I used other colors of course and added some extra bling to make this one a little flashier. I also embellished the inside, which I don't normally do.

The card says 'Hippo Birdie to you!' so I used the quail cut from Zooballoo also, since I had to have a bird, with another core'dinations color, I used the whitewash stack for the quail and the core collection for the hippo plus the face and wing of the quail. Plenty of sanding later, and a few rhinestones as eyes and we had the look I was going for.
I used PTI (http://www.papertreyink.com/) cardstock as the base; as well as their polka dot parade patterned paper on the inside and front.


This is the final look of it. I was on a first birthday kick since last weekend would have been Knox's first birthday, so I sort of made this card with him in mind, even if I can't watch him knaw on it and chew it to pieces. :-)

Stamp is from Studio G, all the paper is either PTI or Core'dinations.
Enjoy!
Also, feel free to let me know if there is anything *you* would like to see me make, if anyone reads my blog anyways! :-)

1 comment:

Elisa K said...

ok this card is adorable...

Hugs
Elisa K