Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hawiian Wedding Card and update!

It's been a few days since I have really had a chance to sit down and get a post or project up here. With potty training going on, and all of the other hectic events life brings, this is my first real chance to sit down on the computer!
I can say I think Zoe is basically potty trained. She hasn't had but a handful of accidents since we started and I think it helps I waited until she was beyond ready.

Last night, mommy and daddy had the night off, Zoe stayed over at her nana's house so we could go watch sprint cars at the speedway, but of course being that we live in western washington- it was rained out. No crisis for me, I didn't mind sitting at Don's diner and enjoying a taco salad and then coming home and doing some crafting while Adam worked on his car.

Most of you know, my brother is getting married in July, and they are going to Maui to do so! We're going with and calling it our honeymoon even though it's about a month after our wedding. Over on Lauren's Creative she made a gorgeous tropical wedding card a while back, and motivated me to make one too! In my lifetime I can count the weddings I've been to on one hand, and now that I'm in my 20's it seems they are rolling up all the time! Anywhoo, this is the card I made for my brother and his bride to be.

I used the Sweet Treats Cartridge, and paper from Green at Heart. The card base is Raspberry Fizz from Papertrey Ink the little flowers are from Jolee's and I got them at Lila's Scrapbooking. Ribbon is from Abbey Road.

The cake is cut at 4 inches and assembled with Scotch Quick Dry glue, since I couldn't find my Zig 2 way glue pen!

Today, I'm headed to Snoqualmie Falls to take another set of engagement pictures for my brother and his fiance. I'm looking forward to getting some shots of the falls as well. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll stick some photos of that up tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn - I love your card. It turned out really cute. I have a blog award for you! I just posted it on my blog!

Michelle said...

I love the Hawaiian wedding card. it is so cool!!

Papercraft Star Judges said...

We can actually feel the tropical breeze from this card! Love it! Thanks for sharing!