Monday, April 12, 2010

a reminder that summer is coming!

I was crafting away tonight and still feel like I'm working on the My Pink Stamper challenge, since I made a layout instead of a card like I normally would, but sticking with the pink, black and green scheme... creating this little gem. You can click to make it bigger.

I can't wait for summertime- and not just because I'm getting married in June (which is beyond RAD) but also because I can't wait for strawberries & watermelon to be a normal thing to eat daily.
As you can see in <------------ that photo, the paper is actually sort of sparkly. It is open stock paper, from Joanne's called Pink Pomegranate Metallic. The same paper is used for the main watermelon cut.
I would normally make cards that are A2 sized, but this one was 6"X4.25" to make it a little taller than normal.
The watermelon is cut from the Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge @ 4". I made a blackout cut of the watermelon in black, to color the seeds and a shadow cut in white. The 'rind' section is actually spotted green paper from the Flower Shower Spring Stack by DCWV. The white embossed paper is open stock from Lila's Scrapbooking, but you could use your cuttlebug & swiss dots folder. Of course, the white paper is inked with pink, green and black pigment inks. I stamped the phrase in white, the phrase is actually from the $1 bin @ Joanne's. Flowers are Making Memories Jar Collections blossoms in lemonade, with the bottom flower,it was ivory- i just rubbed it all over with the same green ink pad. Ribbon is also from the $1 section @ Joannes.

I think I'm going to send it to a friend just to say hi. I never remember to mail them anymore... I love making them though!
Tomorrow, I have a big goal of getting the house clean, and taking back my library books. I've got like 10 checked out right now, about photography, portrait photography, Canon EOS cameras and all sorts of random paper craft books. They all seem to have the same information and variations of the same projects so I'm not loving any of them enough to buy them!

No comments: