Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tropical Themed Bridal Shower Invites


I know in my prevous posts, I've been talking a lot about a wedding in Hawaii, and the bridal shower I am planning for Jessica. I put the finishing embellishments onto the bridal shower invites I made the other night, just this afternoon. We're still finalizing dates, times, etc so I haven't printed the vellum for the 'wording' layer yet, but I'll get a photo up once it's 100 % done.

Of course, the upper photos are of the side that will have the wording and printed vellum over it. The base paper is Metallic Cardstock from Joanne's open stock, but into quarters, to make them 4.25" X 5.5". The 'bridal shower' printed paper, was 12"X12" Open stock at Joannes also, by DVWV. It is cut at 3.75"X5" The orange under layer is actually orange core'dinations core collection open stock paper that was 12"X12" and cut down to 4"X 5.25". After ATG'ing it all together, I cut the cake with the blackout feature from the Sweet Treats Cartridge @ 3" along with all the layers, and whatnot. The rhinestones are from Lila's in Everett, a pack of 60 (and they are sticky on the back) is only $1.49! All of the printed 'cake' paper is Basic Grey's Green at Heart, and the solids on the cakes, are from the DCWV Mi Casa Solid stack. The stamp, 'cheers!' is from a Studio G, by Hampton Arts stamp- I believe it's from Valentines day.
Here is a link to the card I made earlier in the week!


enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love Love Love LOVE!